Monday, January 20, 2014

Busy But Eventful Weekend!

Happy Monday everyone! I know, Mondays are not normally happy but, in my perfect world, everything is happy! So with forced, exaggerated effort I wish you all a happy Monday!

I'm going to try to make this one quick this morning! I have a lot to get caught up on. My poor family is without any clean laundry, and the bathrooms...well they could definitely use a scrub! I'm pretty sure the vacuum has been sitting in the hall for two weeks, waiting to be put to use. Oh well! Such is life and I'm learning to love it!

It was a busy, yet eventful weekend for us. It started Saturday morning when my alarm when off at 6:00am. Andrew and I were going with some friends to the Toronto Temple, which is a lengthy hour and a half drive, so we wanted to head out early. 

I always take a picture of the Temple, as we get close enough to see it, to send to the kids at home. I want them to feel my excitement for the Temple so that they can grow to love it as much as I do. Here it is...

The Temple was a wonderful experience! It always is! It is so quiet and beautiful inside. It always makes me feel so peaceful and free from the worries of the world. Even in the darkest times of my life (when the adversary works the hardest to make me feel unworthy of entering the Temple), I know that as soon as I walk through those doors, I am leaving the darkness outside. It is truly a spiritual place, full of Heavenly Fathers love. 

After we left the Temple, we made a quick visit to the Lindt Chocolate Store in Toronto. It's a tradition for our friends, that I will be sure to make a part of our trips. The selection was great! There was even a discounted section in the back for the recently expired chocolate, most of which was 50% off! Who doesn't love a deal?!

After we left the chocolate store, we headed to Applebee's for a deliciously wonderful lunch. Here we are, trying to stay very still while Brian took a wide angled shot to fit us all in. Heaven forbid my husband smile in a picture. It's highly unlikely for him!

Our drive home was full of laughter, so much that we all had sore cheeks the next day at church. All this talk of pumpkins and pumpkin carving had us in stitches (sorry everyone! It's an inside joke and you couldn't pay me enough to tell you)! Somehow through all the laughter, Andrew still managed to fall asleep. Here's a failed attempt at capturing his short-lived nap...
He is such a lite sleeper that he could feel us plotting and woke up just as Brian snapped the picture. Darn!

Here's me with an entire moon shaped chocolate in my mouth, waiting for the explosion of liquid chocolate to break through the chocolate shell! Although I couldn't breath, it was well worth the wait!
I see that I have such great friends, making bunny ears behind me! Ian!!!

Brian, Jill and I, with Andrew being creepy in the background! 

Oh yes! Can't forget the kissing! Ian's getting it from both sides! Yikes!
Needless to say, we were full of silliness all the way home, which was a great finish to our trip!

As if my day had not been remarkable enough, I came home to this thoughtful gift that had been delivered by a new and very dear friend! She must be paying attention because I love the colour pink! Baby pink! She could have brought me an old pair of stinky sneakers, as long as they were pink, I would have loved them! Though this was a much better choice than sneakers and it definitely made my day! It's so nice to have sweet friends!

Sunday came along and, of course, we have church, which is always they most uplifting part of my weekend! One of Austin's dear friends received the Aaronic Priesthood, which is a very exciting moment for a young man. We are so proud of him! Ironically, his name is Aaron! Haha! Aaron + ironic = Aaronic! I wonder if anyone else thought of that, or if I'm the only one that has far too much time on my hands?! 

After church we rushed home to get in a quick bite and headed back for two baptisms. A sweet couple, who have been investigating the church for a few weeks now, made an excellent choice to be baptized. It was an enjoyable experience and the spirit was very strong. 

What's a baptism without refreshments, right? Here's some 'mini cherry tarts' that I whipped up. Super easy and they ended up tasting not so bad either (because it's always about the presentation with me...tasting good is just a bonus! I'm totally kidding!).

Following the baptism, we headed home for dinner, which we super excited about, because we were having bacon wrapped, goat cheese chicken breasts (yummy) and who wouldn't love that? Unfortunately, because we weren't going to be home all day, I made them in the crock pot and they ended up a total bust! All the flavour blended together and the chicken, funny enough, was dry! What?! Boo! Next time I'll be sure to make them in the oven. Lesson learned!

Before we could even clean up from dinner, I had fallen asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until the middle of the night, to find my husband asleep on the couch beside me. Awe! He didn't want to wake me or leave me alone (I'm terrified of the dark!) so he fell asleep beside me until I woke up and we could go to bed together. Sometimes it's the simple things that make all the difference! 

Oh I almost forgot! Look what came in this weekend! My new book 'Heaven is Here' by Stephanie Nielson! Yayyy! This is the one that I was telling you about in blog post #1 about the LDS woman who was horribly burned when her plane crashed in 2008 killing the pilot (a dear friend of hers) and leaving her and her husband nearly dead. She shares details of her overwhelming daily trials and the road she took to acceptance of her new life. I can't wait to read it and share it with you!

Overall, it was an awesome weekend and nothing got done around here so here I go, off to get started on my house duties! If you don't hear from me for a week, perhaps you'd better check on me. I may have disappeared in my disasterous mess! 

Happy Monday everyone! Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment