Thursday, January 16, 2014

And off they go...few!


Back when I only had one child, I hated sending him off to school to leave me home alone, worrying and wondering what he was doing all day. Who was making sure his button was done up after he zipped up his pants? Who helped him get his straw into his juice box at lunch? Who was going to make sure that he finds a friend to play with at recess? 

Now that I have three (only two of them in school), in the morning, when they're finally dressed in all of their winter gear (that takes me almost 15 minutes just to get on), and they head out the door, Ive started noticing a reoccurring theme that I've gotten myself into. This morning I really noticed it! As soon as they have both feet out the door, I quickly shut it, followed by letting out a huge sigh of relief! 

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who does this?! It's only 8:40 in the morning and I feel like I have just conquered an entire day! Nope! It's only beginning! 

We love our children with everything that we have, but let's be real here, we are with them all of the time! Who wouldn't want a break every now and then? Okay, so I enjoy my breaks daily. Don't judge me! My kids are busy (not that any of yours aren't!), especially my middle child. That girl can talk and talk and talk, and the whining...you can only take so much of a screeching voice before you actually want to throw them out of a window! But I won't, because my unconditional love for my children outweighs all of the exhaust that they bring me.

Who ever said that being a mom was easy, lied! Flat out, no exception lied! But whoever says that being a mom is worth it, now that's the truth! 

My youngest daughter is a riot! I know I'm bias but I'm telling you, she is the funniest little girl I have ever heard! She has this thing where she roars like a lion, really loud! As her parents, we remind her to use her indoor voice. She continues to roar like a lion. We then strongly suggest that she use her indoor voice. She continues still. Finally, we raise our voices, letting her know that we are serious. She looks up at us with the sweetest look of shock on her face, as if we had said nothing prior to raising our voices, and let's out a very quiet, "meow". Bahahahaha! Seriously puts us in stitches every time. 

My son is at that pre-teen stage, where he has a million and one stories to tell about something that we have no idea what he is talking about! Oh yeah! You know! But we sit listening (okay, half listening), nodding our heads, letting out a, "uh huh" every once in a while, so that he thinks that we are following along.We're not. He lost us at, "Hey mom! On Minecraft...". Oh gosh! Here it comes! A 20 minute explanation of how he conquered something, using something, with someone, at somewhere where we have no idea what he is talking about! But he's cute and we love him, and when he visits his fathers some weekends, I actually miss his stories (as much as I don't want to admit it!).

Kali, my middle child, well, she's a handful, like I said before. But she is my sweet one. She loves everyone (most of the time)! My favourite thing that she does is climb up on my lap, with her ring finger in her mouth (she has sucked on her fingers since she was born!), and the silky tag of her teddy in her other hand, and she leans her head into my cheek, with an expression of utter love for me and my touch. I love it! I snuggle her so close when she does that, knowing that all she needs right now is that physical touch from someone who loves her dearly!

Well there we have it! I've forgotten all about the way I felt when my kiddlets left for school this morning and I can go on with my day, knowing that in less than 6 hours, my babies will all be home and I can start all over again, loving and losing my mind, over and over, until one day, they will all be grown and I will miss each and every moment.

Here's something cute to make you smile today! Enjoy!


Happy reading! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment