Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My New Found Love of Reading!

I just went to grab my book, 'Heaven is Here' by Stephanie Nielson for me to reference from when I tell you all about it (as I promised that I would) and I remembered that I lent it out to my brother-in-law. I cannot possibly give you a review without the book in my hand other than to tell you that it was AMAZING!!! I loved every second of it! She did such a such a great job of telling her story, something that was very hard for her to re-live, I couldn't put it down. In fact, I read it in only a couple of days. For me to get through a book in a couple of days, it has to be good! What a heart wrenching story but with the healing power of the atonement she was able to overcome her greatest trials! The last few chapters I literally sobbed like a baby as I read! Just ask Andrew! I sat for at least an hour crying tears of joy and an overwhelming sence of gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life! It was truly amazing and I want to share more with you but I don't have my copy in front of me and I also don't want to ruin it for you. You have to read it yourself. Go, right now! Get on line! Order it so that you can read it! Here's the link...

Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson

I told Andrew that I was going to buy a second copy because I know that the amount of times I will be lending this book out, I will never get to see it again. I haven't bought another one yet but we shall see how long it is before I get it back and the condition that it's in. I put it neatly into a plastic zip lock bag and expressed my love for it, so I'm sure that I'll be getting it back in one piece.

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed reading! Once I managed to get the kids down so that I could hear what I was reading, without the many interruptions, I actually loved it! I guess I have always enjoyed it, I just have never really made it a priority. I'm glad that I did because it helped me through a couple of 'down' days that could have been utterly waisted on feeling miserable. The combination of the feel good book that it was and the fact that I was making good use of my time helped me to get through those days a little easier. 

I'm now onto 'The Child Whisperer' by Carol Tuttle, given to me by my friend Kathy. It was a gift for helping her throw her daughters birthday, the one that I blogged about last week. She has been telling me about it for ages and I've been saying that I'd love to read it. It was so thoughtful when I received it, all wrapped up nicely in pink (my favourite colour) paper and a pretty bow. I can't remember the last time I got a beautifully wrapped gift like that. I felt so special!


"The ultimate handbook for raising happy, successful, cooperative children." I mean come on, who doesn't want that?! I'm excited to get into it, although I haven't had much time yet. I'm going to cut this short tonight so that I can get a bit of reading in. I'll let you know if there are any genius parenting tricks that I learn along the way. I could definitely use some! 

Andrew and Austin just got in from seeing a movie and Austin will have 500 stories to tell me about the movie before he winds down and goes to bed. He's already begun talking and I haven't even finished my post. Wish me luck! I LOVE MY KIDS!!! (I really do!)

Night night!

4 comments:

  1. We chose the wrapping paper special for you. I wrapped it and Jaden made the bow. Can't wait to hear what you think about the book. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Kathy! It was a wonderful gift!

      Delete
  2. The book is quite amazing. I have read some of it and want my own copy. Love to read your blog, Jara. :) Nana

    ReplyDelete